Engaging Content & Experiences
Engaging Content & Experiences – ASOS plc
We understand our customers because so many of us are our customers. ASOS is more than a transactional process – it’s a relevant, useful and inspiring voice. How does that voice speak? Through engaging, diverse content.
The relationships that our content helps forge translate into increased customer engagement:
- Visit growth of 22%.
- Order growth of 30%.
- Average basket value up 3%.
- Average order frequency up 4%.
We ended 2015/16 with active customers of 12.4m – that’s an increase of 25% from 2014/15.
In the UK, we launched ASOS A-LIST, a loyalty programme that gives customers the opportunity to build up points from purchases and engagement in return for vouchers to use on our platform. Customer engagement has been strong and we are starting to see increases in key metrics such as basket size and order frequency from participating customers.
We’re serious about social media and make it a priority to have a presence on the same platforms that our customers do:
- 19.3m followers.
- Up >50% compared to 2014/15.
- New formats this year include Instagram Stories, Facebook Live and Snapchat filters.
Our content has real impact, building brand awareness and engagement:
- We publish over 60,000 pieces of inspirational fashion and lifestyle content every month.
- Our first French and German editions of the ASOS magazine were sent to 60,000 loyal customers in each market.
- A US version is to follow in November 2016.
- Local Snapchat channels have gone live in Australia, France and Germany.
- New menswear-specific Instagram accounts have been tailored specifically to speak to our French and US customers.
Of course, students are a huge part of the ASOS customer demographic and, in 2015/16, we wanted to really make sure they knew just how highly we think of them.
- We created bespoke experiences on campus, promo events and tailored content.
- We ran a series of events at universities across the US, Europe and Australia called ‘As Seen On Campus’.
- We have also launched Student Insiders, which allows style-savvy students to share their tips with our wider customer base.