Best-in-Class Service – ASOS plc
Delivery and returns
We’re continuously enhancing our range of delivery and returns options, and we’ve really stepped up the pace recently.
In the UK, we’ve introduced:
- A four-hour estimated delivery window with Hermes.
- A mobile, label-less returns solution with Pass My Parcel in 3,000 locations.
- Extended Click & Collect cut-offs from 5pm to 6pm.
- Extended next-day delivery cut-offs on Saturday and Sunday from 5pm to 7pm.
- Launched ‘Precise Delivery’ with DPD to allow customers to select a one-hour delivery window.
We are also making great strides internationally:
- Unlimited and free next-day delivery to both home and store for our French ‘Premier’ customers.
- Free next-day delivery for our German and Northern Irish ‘Premier’ customers.
- We have also added next-day delivery to a further 14 EU countries, including Austria, Cyprus, Finland, Greece, Luxembourg, Portugal and several Eastern European countries.
- This means that next-day delivery is now available in all 29 EU member states, along with free returns to the entirety of the EU and Australia as of August 2016.
‘Express’ services are now available in 66 new countries and territories, and we’ve lowered costs in countries already receiving the service.
- US: standard delivery reduced from six days to four days.
- Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania: standard delivery reduced from 14 days to nine days.
- Russia: standard delivery reduced from 28 days to 15 days.
- Canada: standard delivery reduced from 12 days to nine days.
- Israel: standard delivery reduced from 14 days to seven days.
- Hong Kong: mid-tier delivery service launched.
- Singapore and South Korea: significantly improved delivery times.
- Italy, the Netherlands and Poland: now benefit from a next-day delivery-to-store option at over 4,300 locations from a total of 16,650 locations internationally.
- 6,000 deliver-to-store locations.
- Extended Click & Collect service with Boots, delivering to 61 stores across several major cities nationwide.
- Doddle Click & Collect introduced for 24 London stores.
- In January 2016, we launched a returns solution with ‘toyou’, which allows customers to drop their returns into any UK Asda store.
We’re always looking to help our customers whenever and wherever they need it:
- Social-media support, live chat, email and telephone communications are available 24/7, 365 days a year, for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian customers.
- Native support is also available in Dutch and Korean.
We think our record across 2015/16 speaks for itself:
- We respond to all emails within one hour.
- All social-media communications from our customers are answered within 15 minutes.
- We take all live chat or telephone calls within 30 seconds.
In 2015/16, we deployed a whole host of new technologies that automatically send customers to the best, most appropriate advisor available.
We’ve also invested in upgrading the self-service functionality for customers with the launch of our updated ‘Help’ section. This means that more advice and information is available across both our desktop and mobile sites.
- Total order processing at our Barnsley warehouse increased by 22.3% year-on-year.
- During a busy sale period, we managed to dispatch 3.3m parcels in one week.
- We ended the year holding over 4m units of stock and dispatching 52.4% of total EU orders from our German Eurohub.
- Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark and Luxembourg were all added to the local dispatch list.
- Our returns processing facility in Swiebodzin processes almost all returns from the EU and continues to increase throughput.
- Our US warehouse consistently fulfilled over 25% of US orders.
- Our Australian warehouse continues to operate as a returns facility and we are currently looking to expand capacity following the trial launch of free returns in Australia (late 2015/16).